It was a year ago — Nov. 20, 2018, to be precise — that legal recreational marijuana initial reared its head in Massachusetts, to the delight of some, and the chagrin of other people. The broad smiles on the faces of the hundreds of shoppers who lined up early that day have been clear proof that some felt it was a lengthy time coming, but other people — notably law enforcement and public overall health officials — had significant issues about exactly where legalization may lead.
So with a year beneath its belt, has the commonwealth’s recreational marijuana sector confirmed to be a boon or a bust — or anything in among? This week, Boston.com requires a appear at how Massachusetts has adapted to legalization, which developments have been unexpected, and what the future holds for the sector. Verify back more than the subsequent couple of days for stories on:
- No matter if officials’ issues came to pass
- What small business owners have discovered in their initial year
- What items have flown off the shelves
- No matter if Massachusetts has come to be a pot travel location
- When Boston may lastly see its initial dispensary — or two and
- What will subsequent year hold?
This web page will be updated with stories as they post, so make confident to bookmark it: No matter if you are a joker, a smoker, or a midnight toker, it will have almost everything you ever wanted to know about marijuana in Massachusetts, but have been afraid to ask.