Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit:
Hemp seeds have grown in popularity due to their incredible health benefits and high levels of nutrition, which has led to hemp seed oil seeing a rise in popularity as well. Hemp seed oil is packed with essential fatty acids, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that can boost our overall health. You can simply consume one teaspoon to one tablespoon of the oil or add it to your favourite smoothie recipes. Now, lets discuss some of the amazing health benefits of consuming hemp seed oil regularly.
1. First, hemp seed oil contains good amounts of a variety of different vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. It is well known for its high vitamin E content, and also contains minerals such as phosphorus, iron, magnesium and zinc. Also, it is a great source of omega-6 fatty acids, such as gamma linoleic acid, as well as omega-3 fatty acids, polyunsaturated fats and antioxidant compounds.
2. Hemp seed oil can also help to reduce inflammation throughout the entire body. This is largely attributed to the oil’s rich source of gamma linoleic acid, which works to fight inflammation and boost the immune system. These compounds are helpful in this regard since they promote the production of chemicals that control inflammation in the body. The high amounts of antioxidants in hemp seed oil are also helpful in this regard and may even be able to reduce symptoms associated with arthritis.
3. Hemp seed oil is also very heart healthy and can help to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. It contains bioactive compounds and antioxidants that not only protect the heart, but can positively effect cholesterol levels. The omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids can also help to promote heart health, while the many anti-inflammatory compounds can reduce free radicals that can compromise the cardiovascular system. Just be sure to consume the oil in moderation to obtain these benefits.
4. It can also help to promote digestive health and provides many benefits for the digestive system. The omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids can enhance bodily processes that regulate the secretion of digestive juices and hormones, which can promote the efficiency and function of the digestive system. As well, the nutrients and other compounds in hemp seed oil can help to relieve symptoms associated with digestive health, such as bloating and constipation, while also increasing nutrient uptake from the healthy foods we eat.
5. Lastly, consuming hemp seed oil regularly can also help to promote the health of the hair, and may even be able to boost hair growth. This is because it is packed with hair healthy lipids that add moisture, which can improve the hair’s health and look. These compounds can also help to strengthen the hair. Hemp seed oil can also improve circulation, which can help reduce hair and scalp ailments, such as psoriasis. Fro these benefits, hemp seed oil can be consumed, or applied topically.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, or food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.